Our mission is to build equity and inclusion within a global interoperable payments network, and increase access to digital financial services for the 1.4 billion people currently excluded.
Inclusion should be an expectation not an invitation
Today it's still expensive to be poor. Within 15 years of its creation, mobile money has seen an explosive growth among underbanked communities but only allow people to operate within their proprietary systems. When financial services are powered by ILP transactions are not limited to particular banks, mobile money providers, or even borders.
Our Global Strategy for Change
- Support research and development of financial systems in vulnerable areas
- Fund innovative solutions geared towards uplifting underrepresented populations
- Foster an ecosystem that supports a paradigm shift in payment systems
- Create a robust and active Interledger community that grows together
- Enrich talent pipelines to bring new voices and perspectives into the fintech space
Payments made easy
The Interledger Network is built on modern technologies and can scale to accommodate high throughput scenarios, handling 1 million transactions per second per node. We provide a standardized implementation called Rafiki to make it easier to adopt ILP and join the network.
When financial services that implement the Interledger Protocol (ILP) they become part of the Interledger Network.
We provide a standardized implementation called Rafiki to make it easier to adopt ILP and join the network. We’ve implemented Open Payments in Rafiki for ILP-enabled accounts, allowing financial services to unlock new use-cases for their users.
As well as the standardized implementation Rafiki we also have a dedicated team of technical experts to support organizations implement the Interledger Protocol (ILP) and access to funding opportunities for research and development.